segunda-feira, 13 de outubro de 2008

LAST DAY IN BERLIN






Last day in Berlin, today I´ll take a train to Paris, meet my parents and head to Madagascar, so this is probably the last e-mail I´ll send for a couple of weeks. During this second week in Berlin I probably had half the amount of sleep as in the first one. Berlin is a huge organic carpet, impersonal and undefinable, without an identity of its own. Instead it is extremely plural: here you can find everything to everyone, no mater the time of the day and how eccentric your requests are, and this multiplicity is quite addictive. A metro carriage offers a good sample of Berlin´s population: a punk reading a cooking book, a couple of Turkish women with their head scarfs, a young man with tattoos listening to music, blacks, whites, yellows, dogs, a Babel of languages echoing through my ears... There is no such thing as "normal"... diversity is the norm. Pretty soon you feel swallowed by this enormous mass, you are just one more tiny being among the crowd...

Sem comentários: